Physical distancing, keeping at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from people who don’t live with you, helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Why is it important to physically distance?
• We all need to play our part to protect the health of family and friends.
• Physical distancing – staying 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others – is the best way to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• Physical distancing not only protects you, it protects your friends and family as well.
• If you get together with others, know the difference between social circles and social gatherings. Social circles allow close contact with the same 10 people who are part of your circle. Social gatherings can be any group of up to 10 people, but with physical distancing.
• COVID-19 is mainly spread by close contact with an infected person to others around them. People who are infected may or may not have symptoms.
• In Hamilton, COVID-19 cases have recently increased in people between the ages of 20 and 29.